Deck the walls update: I was able to pop over to my sister’s house this weekend to check out the progress of Bean’s big girl room. It’s off to a great start, now we just need to do the finishing touches.
It finally is starting to feel like spring, and to celebrate, we took Sid to Gray’s Lake to walk the path on Saturday. It was a little windy, but she didn’t mind!
On Sunday, we had the opportunity to be a part of our niece Stella’s Baptism. She was a rock star and didn’t let out a peep during the entire service.
I am constantly amazed with some of the bloggers I have met over my few years of blogging and since entering the wonderful world of social media. One of those happens to be Brianne over at BS in the Midwest who I had the opportunity to meet at the Go Red for Women luncheon last year. She ‘tagged’ me via her blog post, so now it’s my turn.
Here’s what I’m supposed to do:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post. (I only named 5, whoops)
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
My 11 Random Facts
1. My maiden name ran together: nicolelizabethaas
2. My husband and I make up dog-related lyrics to current songs on the radio to sing to our German Shorthaired Pointer, Karl.
3. I am an aunt, but only have nieces.
4. I start listening to Christmas music in October.
5. I’m not ashamed to say that Target is my sanctuary. I could spend hours wandering up and down the aisles.
6. As a senior in high school, I was the co-captain of the varsity football cheerleading squad.
7. When I was sick as a child I liked to rent Fiddler on the Roof.
8. I’m obsessed with fresh flowers and am forbidden to buy any more vases (per my husband).
9. I met my husband when I was 14 but didn’t start dating him until 10 years later.
10. My first job out of college was for Taste of Home Magazine.
11. I live for trips back to Hays, Kansas (where my parents grew up) and they aren’t complete without a Diet Mountain Dew snoball and Big Hunk.
My answers to Brianne’s questions
1. What character (book/TV/movie) do you wish was your babysitter when you were growing up?
Uncle Jesse from Full House
2. Your go-to roadtrip food?
3. You found $100 in your pocket and have to spend it right away! What do you buy? Anything and everything at the nearest Target.
4. What book do you tell other people they have to read? (If you really don’t read, what movie do you tell other people they simply must see?)
Book: Harry Potter series because it is what got me back into reading; Movie: SHAG (obsessed)
5. What’s one of the most meaningful gifts you’ve given or received?
Life (thanks mom/dad)
6. Which company/product/organization do you most enjoy following on social media?
7. What was your favorite grade in school? What made it the best?
2nd grade. Great teacher, not too much homework and you could still be a kid.
8. What three things (not people or pets) would you need to feel at home?
Mulled cider candle, my pillow and a down comforter
9. Beverage of choice?
10. If you could start a business, what would you want to sell or what service would you provide?
Home delivery ice cream truck or creative design/printing company
11. What words do you live by?
It is what it is.
My 11 questions:
1. If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go?
2. What is your favorite candy?
3. What is your favorite song to sing along to?
4. Where is your favorite place to find a good deal/bargain?
5. If you could own the wardrobe from any show/movie, what would it be?
6. What are two foods you could never give up?
7. What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
8. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
9. If someone wrote a book on your life what would you like the title to be?
10. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
11. Do you have any nicknames?
Bloggers I’m “nominating” for this game