Jolly ol’ St. Nick update: The holiday season is a great time to catch up with friends and I have done just that the past two nights. And funny enough, at the same location – Star Bar. I just love cozying up in the corner of dimly lit bar during the winter months while sipping on a festive cocktail or two to warm up.
With the recent dip in temperature, hitting a cozy bar must be on the minds of everyone lately. When I opened the Des Moines Register the other day I happened to run across an article entitled, “Hot toddies: Drink recipes for a cool season.” I love me some hot toddies and irish coffee.
I have been waiting for tomorrow night ever since I heard the news that my niece, Mackenzie, secured a coveted spot as a mouse in The Nutcracker ballet. So off to Hoyt Sherman we will go to enjoy an enchanted evening of tutus and sugar plum fairies.
In honor of the timeless classic, and because who didn’t dream as a little girl that they’d be a ballerina when they grew up, I have put together some ballet-inspired looks that I wouldn’t mind plie-ing in.
1. BHLDN, Seeing double sash, $40
2. TopShop, Vibrant salmon ballet pumps, $32
3. Charlotte Russe, Flower wreath disk necklace, $8.50
4. Ann Taylor LOFT, Rachel Leigh for LOFT Cares Bow bracelet, $14.88
5. ModCloth, Beading Heart Dress, $49.99
6. ASOS, Ballet Wrap Cardigan, $72.72
7. Nordstrom, Remain tie neck satin blouse, $34.97